posted on 11 October 2019
#BOLABUTACHALLENGE (“Contest”) is organized by STAR MEDIA GROUP BERHAD (Company No.: 10894-D) (“Organizer”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST AS THEY CONTAIN BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF THE ORGANIZER’S LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU ARE DEEMED TO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PROCEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
Terms & Conditions:
1) This Contest is open to all members of the public in Malaysia save and except for immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) of permanent or temporary employees of the Organizer.
2) Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain parental/guardian’s consent and complete the relevant authorisation and indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by the Organizer upon registration, failing which, the Organizer reserves the right to refuse entry to any participants under the age of 18.
3) Participants shall register online for the Contest by doing the following steps: –
(i) Register via Google form (bit.ly/bolabutachallenge).
(ii) Present the registration confirmation to the Organizer to receive a wristband and goodies bag.
(iii) Participate in blindfolded penalty shootout and video record his/her action (“Video”).
(iv) Upload the Video onto his/her social media account(s) maintained with Instagram, Tik Tok, You Tube, Twitter and/or Facebook.
(v) Caption the Video with the hashtags of #bolabutachallenge, #eyeontheballfilm and #harimaubuta.
4) Wristbands and goodies bags will be given to registered participants on a “first come first serve basis”.
5) First 200 registered participants who complete the blindfolded penalty shootout are entitled to an ice-cream voucher (for 2 scoops) (“Voucher”).
6) Voucher can only be redeemed from the Scoops booth on 12th October 2019 (from 8.30am to 2.30pm). Participant is required to show the uploaded Video prior to Voucher redemption.
7) First 20 registered participants who score 2 out of 3 goals in the blindfolded penalty shootout will be given Starbucks merchandise worth at least RM28.
8) Participants warrant that they have independent, complete, explicit and uncontroversial copyright of their Videos and that the Videos uploaded do not infringe upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to the copyright and rights of portrait, reputation and privacy. All legal liabilities for any disputes arising from a breach of any of the aforementioned warranties shall be borne by the participants absolutely. The Organizer shall not assume any liability in this regard.
9) In the event of any prize being unavailable for any reason, the Organizer reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) with any other products of similar value. All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash or for any other prizes. All prizes are given on an “As Is, Where Is” basis.
10) By participating in this Contest, the participants acknowledge and agree that the Organizer excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes/goodies and/or the Contest. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in the Contest, redemption and/or usage of the prizes/goodies. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the participants as a result of their participation in the Contest and/or the use of the prizes/goodies.
11) Participants hereby expressly, unconditionally and irrevocably authorize the Organiser to use the Videos submitted under this Contest for campaigns and product and brand marketing for free, including but not limited to using the photos in network media, print media, printings, photography exhibitions, retail stores, road shows, digital content, out of home media and other marketing activities without further reference and/or payment to the participants.
12) In consideration of the Organizer’s acceptance of the participants’ participation in the Contest, participants shall grant the Organizer a right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the Contest (“Footage”) and that the Organizer may use their names and/or likeness, voice, photographs, video footage and/or any statement made by the participants concerning the Footage in connection with publicizing the Contest and/or “Eye on the Ball” film, in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world.
13) The Organiser will not pay any fee for the Video(s) uploaded by the participants. Unless otherwise specified, all ancillary costs are the participants’ responsibility.
14) The Organizer reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and the amended terms and conditions will be uploaded onto the Organizer’s website www.eyeontheballfilm.com. The participants are therefore encouraged to visit the Organizer’s website from time to time to view any amendments and/or changes to the terms and conditions.
15) PRIVACY STATEMENT RELATING TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF PARTICIPANTS (this “Notice”)
15.1 The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) was introduced by the Government of Malaysia to govern/regulate the processing of the personal data (“Personal Data”) in commercial transactions. This Notice is issued to participants to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organizer.
15.2 Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) submitted by participants in their participation of the Contest shall belong to the Organizer and the participants irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organizer to use, publish and/or feature the participants’ and/or their pictures (which may include the participant’s name, statements about the Contest or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to in any of the Organizer’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to the Contest and/or “Eye on the Ball” film.
15.3 Transfer: The participants’ Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organizer but the participants also agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 15.2 above, the Organizer may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
(a) Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organizer;
(b) The Organizer’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organizer providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organizer in relation to the Contest (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
(c) Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organizer; and
(d) Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organizer are under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
15.4 Access: The participants have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant participants’ Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any participant under the PDPA.
16) All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the Contest or the prizes/goodies not specified herein shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
17) The Organizer’s decisions are final and there shall be no appeal entertained and/or allowed. All participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the Organizer’s decisions.
18) For further information, please email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org .